Bob Thomas for Knoxville City Council
Former Knox County Commissioner Bob Thomas represented everyone in Knox County as one of two At-Large Commissioners on the Knox County Commission 2014-18. He has been a successful broadcaster as well as business entrepreneur and owner.
- Bob began his broadcasting career when he was a teenager. While at WIVK he had the highest-rated midday radio show in America for 16 years. He has worked in radio more than 30 years. Most recently, he co-hosted one of East Tennessee’s most popular morning talk shows, the Ed and Bob Show with Ed Brantley.
- Bob has served in the Knoxville community for decades. He revived the Knoxville Christmas Parade in the 70s and then served as its chairman for 16 years.
- For five years he served on the Board of the Cerebral Palsy Center for Handicapped Adults with two years as its President during the construction of the Group Home.
- Bob was instrumental in bringing professional hockey back to Knoxville in the late 80’s as the owner of the Knoxville Cherokees, gaining affiliations with the Edmonton Oilers and the Pittsburgh Penguins. For 8 years he promoted over 300 games at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum bringing in over $20M to the Knoxville economy.
- Bob is married to Kim Simmons Thomas, a former TV anchor in Knoxville. They have three children and six grandchildren.
Bob currently is actively serving on the following boards:
- Metro Drug Coalition Board
- Dogwood Arts Festival Board
- Young-Williams Animal Center Board and Executive Committee
- American Cancer Society Board
- Arts & Culture Alliance Board and Executive Committee
- Former Chairman, Knox County Cable TV Committee
- Knox County Pension & Retirement Committee
- Knox County Parks & Recreation Board
- Community Television Board
- Thompson-Boling Arena Use Committee
- Served two years on the Knox County Development Corp Board
Bob Thomas for City Council
Holly Hambright Treasurer
Knoxville, TN 37950