May Knox County Bus Driver Safety Awards announced
(Wednesday, May 18th, 2016) The 2nd monthly Knox County Bus Driver Safety Awards were held this morning at Ted Russell Ford, 8551 Kingston Pike.
The awards are sponsored by Ted Russell Ford and WIVK 107.7. The following Knox County bus drivers were recognized for their dedication to transporting our children to and from school each day:
- Larry Mercier (1 yr service) – driving Copper Ridge Ele & Halls HS for Doug Davis Transportation
- Darlene Boling (22 yrs service) – driving Sequoyah Ele & west HS for Boling Transportation
- Martha Cowden (39 yrs service) – driving Powell Schools for Lynch Bus Lines
- Jerry House (4 yrs service) – driving Farragut Primary & Middle for BLJ Bus Lines
- Earl Atkinson (28 yrs service) – driving West View Ele for Burroughs Transportation
Collectively, these drivers have over 94 years of experience driving a school bus!
They each received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Knox County Schools and a $100 check from Andy White the owner of Ted Russell Ford. Congratulations drivers and job well done!
There are many great school bus drivers in Knox County and this is one small way we can show them our appreciation. This is the last award presentation for this school year. The awards will begin again in October. If you have any questions please contact me.
Should you or any Knox County resident need assistance from Knox County government, please contact me at:
Bob.Thomas@KnoxCounty.org or 865-309-4364
Vice Chairman, Knox County Commission
Chairman, Knox County Disability Committee
Knox County Development Corp Board
Knox County Pension & Retirement Committee
Knox County Parks & Recreation Board
Metro Drug Coalition
Dogwood Arts Festival Board
Young-Williams Animal Center Board
American Cancer Society Board
Arts & Culture Alliance Board